Thursday, September 22, 2016

Testing my memory

It is surprisingly hard to remember 16 names when you only see your students a couple of times a week! But I had some help, and I think I've got it now.

I meet once a week for a discussion based class with my teaching cohort. Stephani, a fellow Teaching Associate, shared her alliteration activity recently, so I tried it with my class. Each student had to choose an adjective to go with their first names. We started with the student to my left, and went around the room, with each person repeating the name(s) before them, and then their own. I was the last to go, so I had to repeat all 16 before introducing myself again. And no one was allowed to write them down!

I have:

Happy Hanna
Brilliant Brenda
Elusive Elida
Amazing AJ
Awesome Alyssa
Know-It-All Natasha
Elegant Elly
Sappy Samantha
Low-key Luis
Miraculous Mikayala
Genuine Gio
Shining Shayna
Silly Samantha (prefers to be called by her middle name, Samantha, rather than by Jenifer)
Mild Moira
Stupendous Stephanie
Steady Stephanie

Not easy with two Stephanies and two Samanthas!

No comments:

Post a Comment