Monday, November 14, 2016

Dear World

Our campus is hosting a Dear World project on November 17. I'd like my students to learn about this, and hopefully participate, as we'll be doing a service project on this in the spring (more details below). To gear up for this project, I am asking that they view the Dear World galleries, and see if anything resonates with them. I won't require them to participate, but will offer it as extra credit.

Dear World was "started...in 2009, when people across New Orleans wrote their “love notes to the city." People share a message, using their own bodies as their canvas. In the spring, we'll be working with elementary students to form their own Dear World messages, culminating in a photo-shoot that will be shared with friends and family. This is part of the service learning approach that I am coming to realize really connects real world situations to our education.

I'll post more when we have pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment